40s Shirt Waister Dress – Picnic
Dress demurely buttons right up to the top or of course, can be more worn more open. Blush pink buttons are a fabulous reproduction of an original 1930s button and have an art deco feel to them. Dress has classic iconic shoulder yoke with gathers above bust that fall nicely into tucks into waistline. Cinch further with sash belt.
1940s Shirt Waister features include:-
– iconic gathers into a low shoulder yoke at front and back
– tucks at the bottom of blouse into waist seam (gives plenty of room for movement)
– authentic style collar which can be buttoned right to the top or left open
– reproduction 1930s blush pink buttons
– sash belt to nip in at the waist
– sleeves are gathered and are buttoned to fit (so you can adjust to your arm)
– side zip
The House of Foxy
The House of Foxy is a British brand of vintage inspired womenswear that takes influence from the classic 20th Century fashions – primarily 1925 through to 1964.
We make quality new vintage clothing for grown ups. From the iconic 1940s tea dress and 1950s wiggle dress to stunning 1930s style eveningwear, 1950s swing jive dresses and more. Our top quality garments are often limited edition which makes our dresses the next best thing to Vintage you can get.
We proudly manufacture the majority of our own range of vintage inspired clothing ethically in Britain and Europe.